a special festival is being held here in
Seoul showcasing traditional dances from various Asian countries our Kim bo-gyung
gives us a sneak peek a gorgeous traditional Korean house was the
backdrop for dances from across Asia on Wednesday at the asia traditional dance
festival do artists from Japan Singapore Mongolia and Vietnam as well as from
South Korea have come to Seoul to show off their country’s traditional dances
with original moves of their own traditional Korean performances opened
and closed the festival and performers from other countries also dance to their
own local tunes Mongolian choreography showed the country’s pneumatic customs
and lifestyle and the Japanese team showed two shamans dancing to pray for
abundant harvests and peace we just perform a Vietnamese traditional
contemporary dance this all about the motion of people and the concern the
thinking of people between traditional and modern and it’s the first time we
participate in a traditional dance festival and I saw all the performance
and directly challenge and passion and we can see the culture the heritage and
the passion of them in their performance the directors of the festival considered
this a very good opportunity to learn about the culture of other regions and
hope it can have meaning beyond just a unique performance I think the Asia
festival has a very important role to assemble artists and talents around this
region for me to understand a respect for what we believe at who we are in
terms of cultural identity and national representation there haven’t been any
festivals where people can see traditional dances from Asian countries
having traditional dances performed together in one place especially in
Seoul is very meaningful and we are planning to continue having these kinds
of performance organised by the private
sector the Asia traditional dance festival review will be held on December
12th and 13th at 7:30 p.m. in Hong Kong theater in Seoul free of charge Kim
bo-gyung Arirang news
Wise men say Only fools rush in But I can’t help falling in love with you Shall I stay? Would it be a sin? If I can’t help falling in love with you Like a river flows Surely to the sea Darling, so it goes Some things are meant to be So take my hand Take my whole life, too For I can’t help falling in love with you For I can’t help falling in love with you For I can’t help falling in love with you
So no one told you life was gonna be this way 👏👏👏👏 Your job’s a joke, you’re broke Your love life’s D.O.A It’s like you’re always stuck in second gear When it hasn’t been your day, your week, your month Or even your year, but I’ll be there for you (When the rain starts to pour) I’ll be there for you (Like I’ve been there before) I’ll be there for you (‘Cause you’re there for me too) You’re still in bed at ten And work began at eight You’ve burned your breakfast, so far Things are going great Your mother warned you there’d be days like these But she didn’t tell you when the world has brought You down to your knees and I’ll be there for you (When the rain starts to pour) I’ll be there for you (Like I’ve been there before) I’ll be there for you (‘Cause you’re there for me too) No one could ever know me No one could ever see me Seems you’re the only one who knows What it’s like to be me Someone to face the day with Make it through all the rest with Someone I’ll always laugh with Even at my worst, I’m best with you, yeah It’s like you’re always stuck in second gear When it hasn’t been your day, your week, your month Or even your year I’ll be there for you (When the rain starts to pour) I’ll be there for you (Like I’ve been there before) I’ll be there for you (‘Cause you’re there for me too) I’ll be there for you (‘Cause you’re there for me too) Smelly cat, smelly cat What are they feeding you? Smelly cat, smelly cat It’s not your fault They won’t take you to the vet You’re obviously not their favorite pet Smelly cat, smelly cat It’s not your fault
Smoking a cigarette in this bone-cold weather Painting images in the air between us Turning the hourglass, watching it drop so fast Checking ideas with our eyes The ground falls far below me tonight I got the window seat to watch this goodbye I am falling back in time If only I could lose this hour, forever I hate to leave it all behind But I’ll be waking up an hour after you I’ll have to leave you on my mind It’s just 3,000 miles of chasing endless and If I could run along with the earth, I would be running till I’m all out of love I probably won’t make it there first, but I’ll be there for you when push comes to shove I would go back in time But if it helps me move forward I’m always an hour behind ya Writing a melody in this skin-warm weather Pulling anticipation in the air between us The ground falls far below me tonight I got the window seat to watch this goodbye I am falling back in time If only I could lose an hour Lose this hour Forever I hate to leave it all behind But I’ll be waking up an hour after you I’ll have to leave you on my mind It’s just 3,000 miles of chasing endless If I could run along with the earth, I would be running till I’m all out of love I probably won’t make it there first, but I’ll be there for you when push comes to shove I would go back in time But if it helps me move forward I’m always an hour behind I hate to leave it all behind But I’ll be waking up an hour after you I’ll have to leave you on my mind It’s just 3,000 miles of chasing endless and If I could run along with the earth, I would be running till I’m all out of love I probably won’t make it there first, but I’ll be there for you when push comes to shove I would go back in time But if it helps me move forward I’m always an hour behind
>>Adrian: I think it is
important to make school fun. And when school is fun, you don’t
get kids waking up in the morning and saying, “Do I have
to come to school again?” So we embrace technology, because it
helps us make learning more engaging. I believe that when kids are
engaged, when kids are interested, that’s where learning takes place. Ho: The kids are really from
a very different world now. And really to reach out to the kids,
you need to be savvy with technology. If you are not savvy with technology, you’re going to lose
the kids in the school.>>Teacher: What you want
to do right now is, okay, think of the Socratic questions.>>Adrian: Ngee Ann Secondary School
is a typical school in Singapore where we take in students with
different academic abilities, and we have about 1,512
students in this school. And they all come from
the neighborhood. We’ve got students from
the age of 13 to about 16. Many students want to come to this
school because of its strong program, especially in the use of
IACT, Infocom Technology. And the teachers here are known to
produce very good teaching materials, and very innovative teaching ideas to engage the students
in the classrooms.>>Lee: In the early 1990s, the
teachers really are the monopoly on knowledge, and they are the one
that comes to the class to deliver that knowledge so that the
students can acquire them. But today, knowledge is no more
a monopoly among the teachers. Because students can get
knowledge from a myriad of sources. And hence, the role of the
teacher today is facilitation. That means facilitate students where
they could get the right knowledge, how they could synthesize things, how they could discern the
information that they get.>>Teacher: Velocity defines the
rate of change of the sense of time. Is it true or false? So I want you to Tweet me answer. So this is how you Tweet. This is the format
that you need to Tweet. So you put in “at”
sign, “votebytweet 1.”>>Adrian: We look at
technology very meaningfully. And we see how can we
leverage this technology to make a very significant impact
in the classroom instruction. I’ll give you an example. In a classroom of 40, it is really
impossible to get 40 students to ask 40 questions at one go. When we use the instant messaging
tool, we open 40 windows to 40 kids. They could ask 40 questions
at the same time, and the teacher could
see their thinking on the technology tool that they use. And kids get more excited,
because they are using the tools that they are very,
very good in using. Not just a pen and pencil.>>Ben: Okay, so same thing, we will
have two students at every terminal. If you have any issues
through the terminals, raise your hand, and
I’ll come to you. Okay? All right, let’s go.>>Ben: What the students are doing, they are currently exploring
this Second Life Art Gallery, which the school has set up. And the works that are shown in this gallery is actually
made up of local works. They have been done by local artists. Of course, of all the
online platform is very, very useful because it’s something
that really engages the students. They will be chatting
with one another about the works using the
elements, principles of design. As well as reading other
students comments as well. If they want, too, they
can actually leave notes for other students to read.>>Student: [speaking
foreign language]>>Adrian: Web 2.0 with Wiki,
with your Facebook, your blogs, you find that it’s a very
participatory culture. It calls for a lot of collaboration. They no longer become just
a consumer of knowledge. They actually produce knowledge.>>Patricia: What is one of the things
that you have discovered so far?>>Student: The electron has a
tendency to lose their actions.>>Patricia: I find that students
themselves are often on Facebook, so instead of looking at
Facebook as a distraction, I would rather use it to engage them. So even like when they’re
stuck with a certain question, they post up the question to the
class, and you see responses, and they are learning from each
other, which I think it’s better, because there’s more interest
and motivation for them to learn, rather than, “Okay, I’ll
tell you to do this. And I’ll tell you to do that.”>>Adrian: I would say that
the teachers in this school, myself included, we scan the
globe for best practices.>>Teacher: Now, all that URL,
you will use the [inaudible]. Okay? Using that hook-up,
I want you to see some of the things that will help you.>>Deepa: We are in the process of watching a model lesson that’s
being run by my colleague here. And her process of us watching the
lesson is to gain some kind of points from her lesson, and also
to provide our feedback. We discuss it to come
up with a better lesson. Because definitely learning grows
with sharing and communication, and there’s definitely in school
for improvement for any lesson.>>Teacher: All right, first of
all, I understand that the purpose of this Skype session, we want to confirm the suitability
of the pretest. Is this the common
agenda that we have?>>Teacher: Yes, a common
agenda, yeah.>>Teacher: Yeah, that’s right, yeah.>>Teacher: It might be we can
think about it is if we give it to the children as is, some of them
might actually come up with the idea of the steepness of the slide.>>Muneira: There’s always
something new to learn. You’re never at a standstill. You’re always moving
ahead, pushing boundaries, trying to discover new
things, new ways of teaching. So it’s exciting, because
even if the pedagogy is sound, there’s always a technology
that’s always challenging us. And we always have to find new
ways to connect with the kids. And to challenge them.>>Adrian: So I think we do look
at how the world has changed. And teaching cannot stay stagnant. So the teachers recognize the fact
that they cannot teach the same way that they are taught
ten/twenty years ago. That they have to be very
adaptive in their matters. And when they do that well, they know
they’re going to engage the kids. And when you engage the kids, that
is where real learning takes place.
(01) Langkawi eagle by TravelPod member twittg (02) map of Langkawi by TravelPod member twittg (03) Malaysian flag and Pantai Cenang by TravelPod member twittg (04) sun near setting at Cenang beach by TravelPod member twittg (05) Pantai Pasir Tengkorak by TravelPod member twittg (06) Tom at Durian Perangin Waterfall by TravelPod member twittg (07) Tanjung Rhu beach by TravelPod member twittg (08) Langkawi sunset by TravelPod member twittg (09) happy sunflower at rose garden by TravelPod member twittg (10) Tom and strange monkey statues by TravelPod member twittg (11) Boh tea estate by TravelPod member twittg (12) Tom and ladies in highlands by TravelPod member twittg (13) butterfly by TravelPod member twittg (14) big bee at honey farm by TravelPod member twittg (15) view of forest by TravelPod member twittg (16) Tom cutting tea bushes by TravelPod member twittg (17) Danish guy giving out candy to village kids by TravelPod member twittg (18) D’Lagoon guesthouse and beach by TravelPod member twittg (19) Turtle Bay beach by TravelPod member twittg (20) Internet is everywhere by TravelPod member twittg (21) Long Beach by TravelPod member twittg (22) monitor lizard by TravelPod member twittg (23) Tom with baby turtles by TravelPod member twittg (24) Taman Negara park by TravelPod member twittg
(Screaming fans) Oh my God, guys. It’s a celebrity, guys. I’m not even kidding. Ready? – Hi, Leah.
– Hello. – What’s going on?
– Are you bored now? – Uh, no.
– We… – … are going to Korea.
– Korea? – Shopping? Ok. Tell me more.
– We are going to chase Kpop idols! So I get to see Monsta X? Oh my God. – We are leaving in 24 hours’ time.
– No. No, no, no, no, no. – Not possible. I’m a girl, and I need 72 hours to pack.
– No, 24 hours. You’re getting ready. – How am I gonna pack?!
– See you at the airport. Ok, we are at Changi Airport Terminal 3 now, and we have a flight to catch to Seoul. They only gave us 24 hours to prep, so I had no time to shop at all! Yesterday, I went to iShopChangi to buy some toiletries… and a fan, because it’s Seoul (so) hot right now. Speaking of last-minute things, I guess I forgot to put a lot in my luggage, because I was rushing out of the house, so let’s get a (luggage) lock because we have a plane to catch in a couple of hours. Let’s go. Thank you! It’s now 2:30 AM. We need rest, because we have a long day tomorrow, so… Goodnight! Well, hello there! Welcome to our humble apartment.
We are in the kitchen… Hello. The girls are going to sleep upstairs in the private area,
and SJ is going to sleep downstairs, near the toilet. Hurry up.
We need go – it’s going to take an hour to get there. 1 hour! Ok, let’s go. We are just waiting and anticipating that a car is going to drive out. It’s going to open, and someone important is going to come out.
We are just waiting and anticipating that a car is going to drive out. It’s going to open, and someone important is going to come out. Oh. Oh. Oh! Oh my God, they are rolling up the windows. Let’s just wave, in case someone is inside. I’ve brought you here to Soul Cup Cafe, which is next to the JYP Entertainment Building. There’s a lot of known sightings of idols here. Some people have seen Twice and Stray Kids members here.
They come here to buy coffee and go for their schedule.
There’s a lot of known sightings of idols here. Some people have seen Twice and Stray Kids members here.
They come here to buy coffee and go for their schedule. – This place is known for organic food.
– Yes, from the milk, the flour, tea, coffee – everything is organic. For the sake of my happiness, I’d think that someone important is in that black van. The reason why I was reacting in an embarrassed way was because
the chances of (an idol) being inside is very low. In this building, all the cars are tinted vehicles. I guess we aren’t seeing anyone here,
but let’s head out because I wanna see Starship Entertainment! Starships were meant to fly~ We are currently at Starship Entertainment behind us. We are here because this is the company Monsta X is from. I also have a funny story that I’d like to share.
But first, let me lead you to the location… Which is that fateful bus stop across the road. Long story short, I met Joo Heon of Monsta X here. As you can see, there are banners on the side of the bus stop. These banners had photos of Won Ho on it. I took a picture and I sat here editing my photo, and in that 10 minutes… Joo Heon rolled up. – Oh my God! And Monsta X is your favorite group, right?
– Yes, it’s my favorite group. – No oppas.
– But we can go across to see if we can catch anyone going into the building. Just as we were walking past, there were a bunch of guys walking past wearing masks and looking quite made up. – So I was like…
– Wearing earrings also. I was trying to look at them but I couldn’t recognize any of their faces. I’m just going to pretend to talk so that we can get some footage without looking stalkerish. So you know this place… (fades) Hi guys. Just finished writing my letter to Chan Kyun from Monsta X. I found out that Monsta X is coming back from a flight from L.A. soon. It coincides with our stay here! We are going to have a long day tomorrow. Goodnight! I’ll see you. Ah! Morning guys! We are heading out early today because we are going for a music show. And because this trip was so last minute, we didn’t manage to get tickets. We will go there and hopefully see if we can get in. In the meantime, guess where we are going for lunch. Army Stew! We are currently at the restaurant where Joo Heon of Monsta X came to with Jackson from GOT7, on a variety show called Celebrity Bromance. Turns out, this place is very popular with celebrities, because there are so many signatures around here. Compared to the army stews I’ve tried in Singapore, this is a level up. Here they have luncheon meat, bacon, sausage, ham, and a ham-looking luncheon meat, which is really good. – “Ham-looking luncheon meat”?!
– Yeah, did you see? He brought the whole Monsta X here to eat,
so I guess I’ve eaten at the same place as Monsta X ^_^ Goals. That one is the one we saw at Starship. If I’m not wrong.
I’ve confirmed with my friends. – Which one?
– That one. The second one from the bottom. I guess we saw an actual celebrity because he is on the billboard in Hongdae. That’s great! One sighting confirmed. – We are waiting for the next bus to go to…
– Um… The Show. We are going to SBS Prism Tower, which is where they have The Show. It’s a music show. A lot of people seem to be waiting, so some people might show up. Let’s see if we can ask anyone and figure it out. We found out that we can’t get tickets, based on the guy’s information.
We’ll just have to wait outside to see if we can see anyone. – Leah…
– Yeah? Can we go now? It’s been three hours, my fan has died… – Shall we go?
– Of course. Let’s go! Guess where we are! Oh, no. Um, no… Is it this?
Ah! Jean Frigo is a must-come when you are in Korea.
Y’know what’s the best thing? Even the locals don’t know that it’s a cafe. A lot of people walk by and wonder, “Why is it just fridges and fruits?” But it’s actually a 3-storey high cafe inside. Let’s just let our hair down and eat our food, and have a good night’s rest. – Bye! Goodnight.
– Gonna enjoy our food without you. I asked you guys on my IG stories which Kpop song I should do a dance to. And I got this speaker at the last minute to do just that. But first… Oh… I’m thinking if we should get someone to go along with me. Chiara. Are you ready to do a dance cover with me?
A Kpop dance cover. I have 4 left arms. Is that ok? Twice – Fancy. Yas, are you ready? I’d be more ready if there’s anyone in the Kpop group. Sharlene, please… SJ… I hate Kpop. And I’m not doing this. I don’t like Kpop. I only like alpacas. Can I don’t do? If you do with me, I have a surprise for you tomorrow. – What surprise?
– I swear I’m not lying. Ok, we are gonna do the final take now. 5, 6, 7, 8. Fancy~ Fancy~ Yas! Thank you. Fancy~ We can be Twice members now. Chiara… We are going to the airport. Sharlene, let’s go. Fancy~ Ooh. Do you all have something to tell me? We are not gonna see oppas today.
I know how much you love alpacas… – Alpacas? No way.
– We are going to Alpaca Land! it’s Alpaca Time! It is kneeling down! Look here!
Omo, it’s so soft. Oh my God. I’m a bit scared, actually. I’m scared. I’m not ready. It’s coming at me, going, “Give me the food!” Oh my God, so cute! I want to give the – The baby one! Pro Tip: The train ride has the cutest alpacas and you can get really close up with them. Yay! HaHa and Jongkook actually own a restaurant, and we are here! They are the cast of Running Man, which is a popular Korean variety show. Chiara was very enthusiastic.
She even wanted to ask the staff how often we will see them here.
They are the cast of Running Man, which is a popular Korean variety show. Chiara was very enthusiastic.
She even wanted to ask the staff how often we will see them here. I was like… Can I ask you a question? How often does HaHa and Jongkook come here? The mystery is unsolved. Because he can’t speak English. So never mind.
Come here and see for yourself. Oh my God. That guy is HaHa’s good friend. The one in white. We got half a point because we saw HaHa’s good friend. I’m not sure what his name is but he appeared on TV before. That’s great. We came back to the apartment to freshen up because we were a bit smelly. We hti the streets of Hongdae again, because we got to see people from all walks of life, students especially, dancing their hearts out as though they were Kpop idols.
because we got to see people from all walks of life, students especially, dancing their hearts out as though they were Kpop idols. You can find indie bands also. That whole concept is like busking culture in Korea. It’s a pretty prominent thing now and it happens nearly everyday.
And speaking of that… Guess what they made me do. – You want me to dance?
– Yup. Yes. One, two, three. Hit it! Don’t be nervous. Just breathe. Superstar here! Go Leah, go Leah. K, I’m done. This is too embarrassing. Good job, Leah. If you think tonight is crazy, wait till you see tomorrow.
It’s so crazy, I can’t even. What’s the time now? We are going to chase our Kpop oppas. We are at Incheon airport and we are going to head to the arrival area. And guess what I brought? It says Chang Kyun. He is my bae. I also have this letter for him. Hopefully I can pass this to him.
Let’s head to the place to wait for them. Oh my God, I’m gonna see Chang Kyun. This is Chiara reporting. We are currently 4 minutes late. But there is already a huge ass long queue waiting to enter KBS Music Bank. We have lost the competition because we don’t even have stools, and we even see our competitors carrying ladders. I think this is a new sport on the rise, called ‘Chasing Korean Idols’. Brought to you by KBS Live. Oh my God. What just happened? By the way, my letter is still here. This was a very scary experience. – Oh my God.
– Are you ok, Sharlene? Erm… Please be careful if you ever see them at the airport.
Do not push. I almost got trampled on a thousand times, although I was just standing there. Leah is calling me. Hello?
Oh my God, we’ve got backup. We are not alone anymore. Are we seriously… – I need to give you 4 thumbs up.
– No, because if we went to the back, we won’t be able to go in. People were doing it also.
You know what? Screw dignity. This is a prime spot.
There’s a mountain of humans… Let’s try different sides… (Counting) Ok. Not Seventeen. Not NCT. Got 10 members. – By the way, Hae Chan is not here…
– Yeah, I was wondering why you weren’t shouting for him. – Here is not here! I don’t know why.
– Leah, you’re a mood. Leah, Leah! Well, that has been a celebrity-filled morning. Yeah, from 3 in the morning.
We saw some people and we didn’t see some people. But it’s ok! We have a flight to catch.
Are you ready? – No, because I didn’t see Hae Chan.
– Oh no. See you back at the airport. Bye! Chiara, how was your first ever Kpop fangirl experience? Wow, I gotta say that it’s eye-opening.
This tour I’ve had – it’s exclusive and you’ll never have it anywhere else. Thank you Leah for being the tour guide.
I never knew that Kpop was more than just watching your idols onstage. But I’d say that my favorite part of the trip will have to be the… Alpaca World! I’d say that seeing Monsta X is the highlight of my trip, because they are my babies :’)
Alpaca World! I’d say that seeing Monsta X is the highlight of my trip, because they are my babies :’) I guess I’m happy to share this with you and the audience. If you guys ever visit Seoul in future, please check out
the places we visited or try the activities we did. And the most important thing – stay safe and be respectful of the idols. That’s the message we want to get across in this video. Peaceful bows. Because we knew that we were going to be chasing stars the entire morning, we decided to buy some stuff for our colleagues online, at Changi 12 hours before our flight, and we purchased some things to bring back for them. Some presents to give out at the office on Monday. Thank you iShopChangi for making this video possible. If you’re a Kpop fan, let us know in the comments down below which group you support. And if you are going to Seoul, let us know what activity you are going to try. If you liked this video, don’t forget to like, share and subscribe.
And watch more videos there. Bye!
If you don’t have the passion, you will probably give up much earlier. I think I can speak from a busker’s perspective because I’ve spent most of my career playing on the streets and street performing. I think the biggest challenge would be definitely to push forward original music more than covers. It’s not just baking, it’s the selling, it’s the marketing and all those coming together – that’s quite difficult to balance both at the same time and do them well. Long hours and weekends, early mornings – those are always tough. I still remember I didn’t have enough money to pay my staff, not enough money to pay the rent. With social media every mother has this certain expectations of how people want us to be. Why did I make the decision to stay home? Why didn’t you send your child to infant care? I also felt like giving up but I felt that I should give it another try again and I managed to survive for 11 years. I may not earn a lot of money, but I feel like I achieved something. Everyone faces creative slumps but I think it is also important to work through it. The only way to get over it is to force yourself to be more creative and then to get over that hump. The customer’s satisfaction is what really drives me, knowing that something I made with just a few ingredients can make someone happy. To me, I find that it’s a privilege to stay home, to spend this quality time with my child at this age. I want to just be there with him throughout and see him grow up happy and that he believes in himself. So I feel that this ‘sacrifice’ that other people might say is definitely worth it. For me to be at my most creative, I have to be at my most comfortable state. So I actually spend a lot of nights just lying there with my guitar. That’s actually where a lot of ideas come about. Sometimes you just have to relax, have a good rest. You know, just really get enough sleep. The next day, you will actually feel better and you’ll realise it’s not as bad as you think. But you know mothers – we are not superwomen, but we are definitely capable of amazing things. So it’s important to get good quality rest, wake up recharged and conquer a new day.